Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Friday, September 30, 2011

Nature's Navy

I am torn and tired,
a leaf-boat stuck gliding down the creek
with twigs as my passengers.
The water is clear and trickling,
the rocks are flat and heavy,
           and I am green-
           full of stress and wanting more than anything to stop,
           to turn around,
but the current is softly pushing me and
Me being just a leaf,
its steady trickle is enough to tip me.
But I don't want to drop the poor twigs
they can't float on their own.
Or can they?
Maybe I can't stay upright
without their weight.
Maybe water would feel good
pushing me under.
It may be nice to capsize.
At least it would feel new.
but I'm scared to sink,
I'm scared to drop my passengers-
and I can't even steer.

(written Dec. 5, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment