Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Friday, December 9, 2011

Sitting on Campus Thinking and Writing

Alone.
What I want to be
but only today
Only sometimes
not forever
because who wants to be alone?

Humans go to extreme measures
to not be alone.
Sometimes alone is better for us than together.

Have you ever watched somebody trade loneliness
for unhappiness?
for some reason
they feel better
they think they are better
But everybody can see they aren't
Or are they?

We fear loneliness
maybe more than
pain
Because it sticks
it feels like it could linger forever
that if we don't
shake it off
We'll be stuck
unhappy.

We are pack creatures,
But why?
the people I surround myself with
make me--
we are all recipes
of different parts of our friends
our families
our enemies
And isn't that a terrifying
thought?
Even the most solitary individual is defined
by what,
who,
he doesn't want to be
which is just the same,
Do people realize this?

I guess its a simple topic
but it seems so unexplorable
undiscoverable
over my head
one of those many thoughts
I feel around
and get discouraged by the depth of.

(written October 25, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment