Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Part 2 :)

I found myself in a room full of strangers
I found parts of me in a game of pool
and parts dancing to a live band
I found myself- friendly and fun and
I found out that kind people won't let you sit alone at the bar
I found out that a guy hitting on me doesn't have to be
a threat or an invitation--but an introduction to new people
or future friends.
I found myself- a guy's girl
in the laughter of the boys from Wisconsin
I found myself- a beautiful and intelligent sought-after-woman 
in the accent of Stuart from London
I found myself liking who I am (even if I am a bit of a flirt)
when I found myself
in a room full of strangers.


(written January 17, 2011)

2 comments:

  1. WOW - this is so powerful and beautiful! I am so glad you found me too because now I can find you!
    I used to write poetry a long time ago and loved it but fell out of doing it. maybe you will inspire me to get back to that but for now I am loving to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! If I inspire you to write again I would feel like my blog is a success! By the way, I read your post today, and congrats on the kickboxing :)

    ReplyDelete