Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Reserves

The air was in-between,
No hint of warmth from the sun
and no chill on the edge of a breeze.
When the rain came,
I knew it would touch my skin with care,
So my dress collected softly, quickly, at my toe-tops.


We let drops hit every part of us--
No barrier
or embarrassment to block nature's approving eyes.
While my feet caressed barely pooling puddles,
I watched you trot and glide,
A modern-day Adam and Eve
set free in seventy acres of Spring's green privacy.


I've never laughed so joyfully!


You lifted me back into civilization,
wet on wet and smooth on smooth,
And the giggle in my heart did not stop--
Even after lingering laughter
skipped off my lips.


(written April 11, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment