Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Part 1?

When everything is white around me I don't know what color I am.
When everybody is bleeding red,
what do my insides look like?
I can be anybody, but I want to be me.
If only I could figure out who that is.
When you don't give me a cause, I don't have an effect.
Tell me how to find that brown haired girl
and shake her until she flies out
and shakes me back.
Will I wander into me if I keep living how I am?
Do I need to search me out?
And if so, where do I go to look?
What tools do I bring along?
A flashlight or a jigsaw?
Somebody bait me out so I can remember the color of my own blood.


(written January 13, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment