Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Morning Showers

Quick efficiency leave me in the morning
And today I keep thinking you, you, you,
as that weight in my chest waxes and wanes...
I wish there was a tide right here and now
so it would sweep me away-
and I would be powerless.
turning and swirling, over and under,
flailing or floating
no right or wrong
until I landed on some solid place
and that is where i would stay-
at least I'd know it was meant to be.
Then, I think, my masochistic heart would stop trying to confuse my healthy head.

written 3/17/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment