Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Untitled

Everybody acts like leaving here
is such a huge decision
Don't you make an equally large
decision everyday you wake up
to your same-old life and 
decide to stay?
Its funny how stagnant is the
"right" way to be
how testing the waters of life
is taboo--unless its a "normal" 
change, of course;
marriage, new job, promotion, new house,
those are okay.
The others may require risk
Maybe something negative will happen
The act isn't well received 
when your car is headed towards a person
and not a corporation.
Why?
What stability does your career promise?
What fulfillment?
Does it give you love in return
for all the time you give it?
All the life you sacrifice in its honor?
Today, I've spent my time alone.
Doing things I could do anywhere.
I have friends that know how to be friends from far and near.
I just may experience new, different life-
watch out,
I just may fail-- 
or succeed.
I may change
I may hurt.

I'm ignoring your normal. 

written August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment