Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Monday, November 7, 2011

Bite

In my mind
there is a mosquito bite.
It itches when I least expect it and
gets sore at my too rough
touch.
It teases me with
its scabby face,
and bleeds when I think it is finally
healed.
When it is gone, I forget
where it was,
No matter how inflamed it was
or how many midnight minutes it kept me from sleep.
Because now there is another
Bite
that drives me crazy
with itching,
And its even bigger than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment