Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Pondering on Who You Think I Am, and if You'd Like Me if You Knew Who I Am to Me....

How does your mind rotate thoughts of me?
Do I look just like a girl,
any girl,
that walks by you
down the street
on an autumn afternoon?


If we met in the Summer,
dark hair wild and tanned skin exposed,
would you have watched me
as I cantered closer
and past you?


When I smile up at you from pillows
do you notice the white spots on my two front teeth;
and smudges of misplaced eyeliner from sleep?
Or do I glow to you,
lips full
eyes piercing
inviting you to smile back at me,
to care whether I laugh or sigh?


When you hear my voice do you wonder
what else is hiding
behind my words?


Do you think my touch feels different
than others you've had?


When we're living our separate lives
and you're reminded of my face
do you let it linger,
or ignore it?


What do you rotations say about me,
about you,
about "us"


Am I even me to you
or somebody else completely?


And what happens when my I
shows up in yours?


(written October 22, 2009)

3 comments:

  1. I C a gorgeous girl with speckles in her eyes and is quite possibly the most interesting human being i know...and my best friend.......lets run away together

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite possibly one of the sweetest compliments I've ever received :) Thank you Cody

    ReplyDelete