Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Angel Once


I was once an Angel,
Gentle and kind
Honest and safe,
Made in a mind
Existing in a heart-

Until angel-me was lost.

Now she lies alone
In the still woods
Visible to only two,
Bleeding slowly
From everywhere and nowhere,
Her body limp
On a dirt ground,
Her face still lovely
Except for the hurting
That shines from her eyes,
Staining red-brown leaves
With tears of silent strife-

Still too much love to hate.

The only human
Who would not cry out
At the sight of this mangled beauty,
Who could reverse this purity turned tragedy,
Is the one that made her,
Lost her,
Then stopped looking.


(I apologize for not knowing the exact date of this poem. I am getting a draft off the computer that I worked on in February of 2010, but the original draft is in Ohio. I believe this started in 2009.)

No comments:

Post a Comment