Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Monday, October 3, 2011

Self-Motivation

The more you do what you want
the more people are upset
you're not doing what they want.


How do we balance making 
ourselves happy and
keeping those around us
satisfied?
We don't.
Its their job to keep themselves
satisfied.  We all just meet up
in between taking care
of ourselves.


I am not responsible for
anybody else's happiness--
but I'd like to add happiness to people's lives
when I can.


If I do not directly hurt you,
it is not my fault that you are hurt.
Take responsibility for your feelings.


Be happy when you are living in the way you want.
Ignore those that are not happy for you.
They have growing to do.
So do you.
If you focus on their problems
you will not learn your lessons.
This will not make you alone--
at least not always.
If it does,
you've either grown way ahead of everybody
or have gone in the wrong direction.
This happens every day, anyway, and we never know which until the very end.


(written Jan. 1, 2010)

1 comment: