Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Theresa

It all started in Morehead's English Department...
Over time we became the two biggest T.O.E.'s of a slowly disintegrating foot--
With you in class
I always had a partner in crime,
"When I was in England I..."
"Let the bodies hit the floor," whispered in my ear,
"raaandomm." <pat pat>
You were my clinic buddy,
each of us dragging each other up the stairs,
caring more about each other than ourselves.
You kept me from passing out--
pure magic by secrets.
I learned to hate the tall evil darkness and his awful bike,
waiting for the day you would knock it off its rack.
You know I'd never tell ;).
We grew into poetic souls
listening to the great man-muse and lounging in red leather.
Our life source was ground & brewed Fuzzy Ducks--
2 for you, at least, and 1 for me if I could stop jittering.
And, oh boy, how much we struggled when we had to fly with the comets everyday.
Thank goodness we had each other.
Thank whoever that we all have you!
You may be the only human being who cares more about her friends than herself-
really and truly, you do.
And all we want is for you to love yourself more.
You deserve to.
Now, enough with the mushy stuff,
its time you finally get to drink and be merry, youngin'!
Happy 21st Birthday, Theresa!

written Sept. 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment