Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wolf Eyes

Tell me,
tell me the way the wolf
walks through the newly fallen
tree-death.
If only I were to be there,
standing under some shining moon
on a lonesome Autumn night,
my heart pounding only for myself.
One.
Unaffected, except for the capture of prey
and only if I'm wanting,
this partnered tale,
this coupled trail,
this pathway pace
would not be mine.
           I wish to be wolf eyes--
           beautiful and cold.


(written Jan. 28, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment