Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wild Play Summer Day

The sun is lingering high,
still so hot
to move is unbearable.

I can't stop watching the bees,
a tiny mass of clover
and them,
hanging on white petals, off the sides,
pulling down
furry and fast.

If I watch long enough
maybe one will land on me,
and weigh me down.

Does everybody get mesmerized when bugs crawl on them?
There's a gnat on my leg,
crawlin' around,
like a little unaware friend
that I didn't have to work for.
I feel like a fly on the wall,
observing
tiny movements and parts.
free entertainment.

I saw a show once where villagers trapped millions of gnats in nets
and then mushed them into patties
and cooked them over fire.
Gnat-burgers.
didn't look as bad as you'd think.

I'd rather just watch.

For a few seconds I get to be a living thing's surface,
not just a part of its world,
but maybe my own planet.

What if our planet is just as mesmerized by me?

No comments:

Post a Comment