Welcome!

This is my attempt to introduce my poetry to new readers and to continue helping my words grow day-by-day. I would love for this to be a workshop- a place of helping and sharing- so if you have suggestions for changes or if you have thoughts on a similar subject, your opinions are valued. Please comment! Please share!
Every single poem is a never-ending work in progress <3

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sitting in a Meeting

I sat and listened,
well,
half-listened,
and I realized how god damn selfish I am,
but I didn't feel bad about it.
Which is kinda funny because doesn't that reinforce the fact that I'm selfish?
Is it bad that I don't like doing anything
other than the thing that I actually
really want to do at the moment,
and what I want at this moment is a shower.
Thats all really.
I can wait for a text or phone call here or there,
I can write while ignoring,
probably more-so than when I'm set-up to be writing,
(because isn't it fun to do what you aren't supposed to?)
And you know what else I want?
Food.
I'm starving and I want a shower.
Just the basics.
Instead of these extra, meaningless things we all tend to get ourselves tied up in.
What shit.
I have a terrible attitude today,
but that's just 'cause I'm selfish.
;)

(written Feb. 8, 2010 after a really long day when I was stuck sitting in a meeting I somehow got dragged to against my will- this made me smile, and still does, ha)

1 comment: